Everybody knows that the Pit Bull is a hell of an aggressive chewer who can do a lot of damage to all kinds of things that are unfortunate enough to end up in his jaws. These dogs need tough dog toys for aggressive chewers. Pit Bulls require indestructible dog toys that will last a long time and endure all kinds of brutal punishment. In that regard, we will take a look at five of the top indestructible chew toys for Pit Bulls that are not only tough but are also fun and stimulating. Of course, it’s paramount that the toy lasts both physically and in its capacity to entertain your dog and keep him occupied.
Even more importantly, no matter how seemingly indestructible and fun some toys are, it’s crucial to make sure that they are safe. This means that there be no breakaway parts that can pose a choking hazard, that the toy is made of non-toxic and clean materials, and that the size of the toy is appropriate for your dog’s size and age. Almost any dog, especially an aggressive chewer such as a Pit Bull, will try to swallow a toy if he can, so a chew toy must be large enough to make this impossible. With all that in mind, the following are some of the best choices that the abundant dog toy market has to offer.
6 Indestructible Dog Toys for Pit Bulls
- The Mav4Life Extra Large Rope Ball Toy is designed specifically for aggressive chewers! This tug-of-war rope toy can withstand any dog's strength and provides a positive way to utilize your pup's energy! This premium quality dog rope is made from cotton, so it's both comfortable for owners to hold onto and safe for your dog to chew on as hard as it wants.
- When it comes to truly indestructible dog toys, the Kong dog toy company’s name certainly rings out. The Kong Extreme Dog Toy was designed specifically to take on an aggressive chewer such as a German Shepherd – a breed with a bite even more powerful than that of a Pit Bull. This black toy made of a trademarked, ultra-durable rubber material is designed in essentially the same way as the famous Kong Classic, only with added resilience. This toy will bounce around unpredictably when thrown and can also be filled with a tasty treat, ideally peanut butter. These attributes add to the toy’s appeal and make it more interesting for your Pit Bull.
- There are few things that Pit Bulls love more than pulling and tearing at things, making tug-of-war games some of their favorite activities. Given the energy and strength of Pit Bulls, though, their tug toys need to be very strong. Kong offers its own tug toys that are made of durable rubber materials and are meant for a powerful, aggressive chewer. These chew toys are simple products that are made of two enclosed grips on both sides, connected by a flexible rubber part in the middle, which allows for twisting and strong pulling. Such tug toys can be used between you and your dog or between two Pit Bulls, who will have a blast and expend a lot of energy trying to best each other.
- Another interesting and almost indestructible chew toy for Pit Bulls is the Extreme Goodie Bone, also manufactured by Kong, but with solitude in mind. In addition to being a dog toy, the Extreme Bone can also be classified as a treat dispenser. The toy is made of the same material used in the regular Extreme and it is shaped like a bone, with both ends hollowed out to make compartments for food. These compartments will make your Pit Bull work for his goodies as he gnaws at the toy. This advantage, coupled with the toy’s durability, makes it an excellent chew toy to leave with your Pit when he is alone.
- Nylabone’s Dura Chew flavored chew bones are also tough chew toys that have a tasty appeal with more simplicity. They are marketed toward aggressive chewers and will thus last a while, although they may not be as indestructible as Kong’s Extreme toys. Still, their toughness, affordability, and flavors have made them quite beloved with many owners and their pets, including Pit Bulls. These chew toys are also very healthy for your Pit Bull’s teeth and gums, making the teeth stronger and curtailing plaque buildup.
- Last but definitely not least, the Power Chew Ring made by Goughnuts is certainly one of the most shockingly tough, indestructible dog toys a Pit Bull can be given. This toy is aimed exclusively at aggressive chewers and the very essence of its marketing revolves around the company’s firm belief that no dog can break it. This claim is bolstered by the fact that Goughnuts ships their Chew Rings with a lifetime guarantee.
To learn more, check out our FREE E-Book on indestructible dog toys for pitbulls!